Tummy Tuck, Is It Worth It?
A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty as those in the profession call it, is a surgical procedure to remove excess skin and fat around the abdomen to create a smoother and firmer shape around the midsection. It is particularly popular after significant weight loss or pregnancy, or any similar situation where significant sagging or stretching of the tummy skin occurs.
Some may see this as a miracle solution for their belly problems, and it does provide drastic results to those who really need them, but there are many factors that need to be considered before jumping head first into the surgery.
Drawbacks to having a tummy tuck procedure are:
- It is a major surgery with anesthesia, which always carries its own risks.
- Initial recovery is very difficult involves a lot of: pain, fluid drainage, swelling, bruising, large open wound, soreness that can last for months, as well as numbness, bruising, and tiredness.
- It will leave a big scar on the belly.
- It has has a higher risk of major complications when compared to other cosmetic plastic surgeries according to study published in the November 2015 issue of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- Have to severely limit activities, especially strenuous activities for upto a month and a half after.
- Need upto a month off of work to properly recover.
- Can take months to feel your normal self again.
- Women who have the procedure should not get pregnant anymore as it will split the vertical muscles that were tightened during the procedure.
- Should not lose weight after having a tummy tuck, it should be done before, and tummy tuck should only be used as a last resort for loose skin.
- Insurance typically does not cover cosmetic surgery.
When considering all the above factors, tummy tuck loses some of its luster. It is a great procedure to be sure, appropriate as a last resort for situations where even a strict regimen of diet and exercise has not produced desired results. The regimen helps with excess weight, however when the problem becomes excess skin, diet and exercise have limited effect, if any at all.
However not all situations require such drastic and even dangerous measures. Any and all possible alternatives should be considered before subjecting yourself to such strenuous and expensive surgery. One such effective alternative is Silk’n Lipo, a powerful body circumference reduction device.
Silk’n Lipo employs RF (Radio Frequency) heat energy that reaches deep within the dermis layers of skin to rejuvenate and restore elasticity, thereby tightening and toning the skin and reducing the overall circumference for a more toned and fit profile.
Silk’n Lipo produces long lasting results for smoother, firmer and tighter physique, all from the comfort of your home.
Excess skin is a problem that needs to be addressed separately from other weight/body issues, but after careful consideration in many such situations, a tummy tuck is not the way to go, especially when such effective, long lasting, and reliable options as Silk’n Lipo, exist.