Let’s help men keep their skin healthy and looking young! Read on for Skincare Tips to pass on to the MEN in your life.
By a certain age we, women, have a comprehensive routine in place for anti-aging skincare both for body and face. Men, on the other hand, tend to be less knowledgeable, and certainly less participatory, in keeping up their healthy and youthful appearance.
However it is important for men not to ignore the state and health of their skin, it is their biggest organ after all. The way one’s skin looks – the wrinkles, the dull eyes, and the sagging, loose skin are all part genetics and part how one takes care of himself. So let’s help men take better care of themselves, it will benefit their skin as well as their overall health and appearance. And who doesn’t want to put their best face (and body) forward?
Yet the requirements for men tend to be less demanding than those for women, so there is really no need to be fearful of committing to a skin care given the advantages to doing so are extensive.
These days it isn’t such a taboo for men to care about their appearance, so it should not be too hard to convince them to pay attention and spend a bit more time on themselves (we know they will grow to love it). Here are our top TIPS for anti-aging skincare for men:
- Get 8 hours of sleep per night – not sleeping enough seriously ages people
- Drink a lot of water – at least 8 glasses. Insufficient water consumption causes dehydration which leads to dry and cracked skin that loses its elasticity. Not to mention a slew of other problems
- Eat healthily – eating a lot of FRUITS and VEGGIES is important, as they provide key nutrients that support collagen, elastin and skin health, improve skin tone and increase skin hydration, thickness, and density. No processed foods, balanced diet is ideal
- Exercise – exercise is good for the skin, it increases blood flow which carries oxygen and nutrients that help activate collagen, which is essential for skin renewal.
- Cleanse the face 2 times a day (after and before bed) with a gentle cleanser made specifically for men. Men’s skin is different from women’s, it is thicker, has a higher concentration of blood vessels, has more sebaceous glands, and is harrier. Therefore it is important to have products that address men’s specific needs, it might be worth it to set up a consultation with a specialist to get customized product suggestions.
- Moisturize the face 2 times a day after cleansing to rehydrate the face after stripping it of moisture along with the dirt. Use a moisturizer specifically designed for men.
- Use an eye cream to keep the sensitive skin under the eyes firm.
- Moisturise the body after washing, with men’s body moisturizer.
- Use an anti-aging product before bed, be it a cream or an anti-aging device depending on your needs and desired results.
- For body shaping/toning can utilize an RF energy body firming device to help tighten loose skin, improve skin imperfections, lumps & bumps, and achieve an overall lean and toned appearance.
- ALWAYS use Sunscreen to protect your body and face from harmful UV rays.